INFINITY SQUARE

COMMENTARY FROM THE RIGHT ON ISSUES OF THE DAY... WORLD EVENTS, NATURAL DISASTERS, MARKET FORECASTS, POLITICS AND MORE.

Friday, September 14, 2012

The Zero Hero

An Alberta veteran high school teacher is standing firm and all alone against threats that he will be fired if he continues to pen zero grades for assignments not handed in. He has been dubbed the “Zero Hero”.

As a former community college faculty member, this is my whole-hearted and unreserved attestation of support for the Zero Hero. Did I hand out zeros for non-performance? You bet I did. No assignment? No credit.

My students would also confirm that I reduced their grades by one percent every time they missed my class. No excuses. None. If you didn’t attend you could not pass my courses.

Modern teachers complain that poor student grades drag down their collective self esteem. That’s why they have to cheat. My question? If the teachers cheat instead of teaching, why bother to have students? Why not just send them home and make up their grades without having to baby sit the mob?

Three cheers for the Zero Hero.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home