INFINITY SQUARE

COMMENTARY FROM THE RIGHT ON ISSUES OF THE DAY... WORLD EVENTS, NATURAL DISASTERS, MARKET FORECASTS, POLITICS AND MORE.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Natural Gas U.S. Futures ($13.79)

In late October I was looking to complete a top in the $15 area and then go lower. Thereafter, the price backed off to $10 as expected. Before I could say "boo", it touched its 200-Day Moving Average on the downside and gapped up to a new high just below $16.

Now we appear to be wedged between long term resistance in the $16 area, and short term support at around $13.50, which is the approximate upper boundary of the recent gap. Looks to me like short term momentum is gaining strength for another assault on the $16 area as I write.
The long term momentum picture is healthy but overbought, so I suspect that the $16 area might prove difficult to exceed for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home