INFINITY SQUARE

COMMENTARY FROM THE RIGHT ON ISSUES OF THE DAY... WORLD EVENTS, NATURAL DISASTERS, MARKET FORECASTS, POLITICS AND MORE.

Thursday, July 04, 2013

McLuhan Genius

It was Marshal McLuhan who became famous after he told us that “the media IS the message”.  He said that as we moved from the linearity of the newspaper to a multiplicity of news sources (radio, TV and more) the eventual result would be dissatisfaction, then rage and finally a return to primitive tribalism.  He would not have been shocked by the Facebook Revolution, or YouTube or Twitter.

I was among many who dismissed McLuhan in the 20th century because he was also famous for his unabashed promotion of LSD.

It was only after I discovered that my own recently published observations regarding a return to tribalism (at the expense of freedom) were an echo of what McLuhan had penned decades ago, that I awakened to his prophetic gift.  I was forty years late to his party – likely because I have never been a druggie.

Sad to realize that today we live in an illusion created almost entirely by the left wing heterophobic media.  Tragic to realize that the forecast of this travesty came first out of a mind under the influence of an hallucinogen made from cleaning solvent.

Today I know that I cannot rise to the McLuhan stratosphere of revelation because I refuse to follow his twisted hallucinogenic path.  The few of us who remain trapped and struggling on the straight road have to face the possibility that it leads to the cross.

Take a look at our book:

http://www.mcnallyrobinson.com/9780981100012/grant-sirola/repeat-performance?blnBKM=1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home