INFINITY SQUARE

COMMENTARY FROM THE RIGHT ON ISSUES OF THE DAY... WORLD EVENTS, NATURAL DISASTERS, MARKET FORECASTS, POLITICS AND MORE.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Christ Had Two Dads

“Jesus had two dads and he turned out just fine.”

This sign made headlines world-wide.  We’re told that the message was posted on a billboard outside an Anglican (Episcopal) Church in Niagara Falls, Canada.

I have no bone to pick with homosexuality but here’s what the sign says to me as a heterosexual follower of Christ:

It says it’s OK for homosexuals to offend heteros and religion but if I speak up I’m a bigot.  It says Michael Jackson makes headlines while the real issues of our day are ignored.  I am a follower of Christ and I find the message completely offensive.  To my way of thinking it is biologically impossible for anyone to have two “dads”.

And Christ also had a real biological “mother”.  Perhaps that’s why He “turned out just fine”. In some faiths Christ’s mother has been elevated to deity status beside Him.

Did Christ really “turn out just fine?”  He was hung on a cross.


I for one do not believe that the billboard in Niagara Falls speaks for all Anglicans, heterosexual or homosexual.  I do believe that many homosexuals would find the message to be in poor taste.  If my honesty offends you, consider the impact of the message on the sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home