INFINITY SQUARE

COMMENTARY FROM THE RIGHT ON ISSUES OF THE DAY... WORLD EVENTS, NATURAL DISASTERS, MARKET FORECASTS, POLITICS AND MORE.

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Enviro-mentalists


We knew a lady who owned a very expensive hybrid SUV.  She was proud of her hundred thousand dollar commitment to a greener world.  It reduced her gasoline bill by $200 per year.

Why only $200 for a $100,000 investment?  She explained (patiently) that her luxury SUV ran on premium grade gasoline.  Somehow this didn’t make sense to us.  Our eight year old Taurus runs on regular gasoline.

Then we noticed a conventional car battery and jumper cables in her super car.  I asked.  She explained (patiently) “My hybrid battery sometimes goes flat.  The car quits in the middle of a busy street.  My luxury car dealer sold me this spare battery and cables and showed me how to “jump start” my SUV.  Did you know that some luxury hybrid vehicles need premium fuel and spare batteries?

Did you know that luxury hybrid automobiles can hide up to a ton of explosive hybrid batteries that sometimes quit?  These giant batteries are a recycling nightmare – powerful acids and lethal toxic metals.

Let me put it to you this way.  The more you pay for your car, the greater its potential to contribute to the destruction of our world.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home