INFINITY SQUARE

COMMENTARY FROM THE RIGHT ON ISSUES OF THE DAY... WORLD EVENTS, NATURAL DISASTERS, MARKET FORECASTS, POLITICS AND MORE.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Integrity Explained


In 2009, the Dean (now retired I hope) of the University of Toronto Rotman School of Business set about to explain the modern meaning of the word “integrity”.  This is what he said:

He described integrity as an analog.  You can have “a bit” of integrity, but you are a better person is you have “a lot” of integrity.

I believe that integrity was a precious gift.  You either had the gift or you didn’t.  The gift is all but dead today, so most cannot even describe what it once was.  Sadly, the Dean appears to fall into this unfortunate category.

Perhaps the Dean gets the credit for hiring a Muslim ethics professor to teach our sons and daughters in what one was a Judeo-Christian land.

I don’t like to think that I might be the one out of step, but I don’t agree with the Dean and I don’t think of myself as an infidel.

The few young people today who refuse to bend their truth cannot make it at Rotman.  Muslims and those with “a bit” of integrity are able to pass the ethics course.

“A bit” of integrity?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home