INFINITY SQUARE

COMMENTARY FROM THE RIGHT ON ISSUES OF THE DAY... WORLD EVENTS, NATURAL DISASTERS, MARKET FORECASTS, POLITICS AND MORE.

Monday, March 30, 2015

Bridges? They ALL Fall Down

The bridges that we built fifty years ago are now falling down because today nobody knows how to maintain them.   But what about attempts to build new bridges?

In Edmonton Alberta, at a bridge under construction, six giant "I Beams" were set into place.  Workers watched in amazement while three of these beams warped like pretzels before their eyes.

Oops.  I am an Engineer and a Metallurgist and I took a closer look.  They weren’t I Beams.  They only looked like I Beams.  Clearly, nobody knows any longer how to fabricate an I Beam.

New bridges?  Old bridges?  They ALL fall down.  My advice?  Cross bridges when you come to them, but don’t dilly dally to take in the scenery.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home